2013 Photo Contest
2 Categories for each month listed:
February: "Black & White" and "Transportation"
April: "Landscape" and "People"
June: "Flowers" and "The letter S" (Photos can be of a subject that starts with S, something that's shaped like an S, etc. Be creative!)
August: "Macro" and "The American Experience" (Photos that tell us what it means to be an American, provides a sense of what it is like to live in this country, or that makes you think of America.)
October: "Miscellaneous" and "Travel/Vacation"
2013 Contest Rules
- All photos must be business appropriate.
- Entries are limited to photos taken by E-Club members (YOU, your spouse or children); no professional photographers* (see notes on Professional).
- The picture may be from any time period. Pictures that won prizes (from any year of the contest) may not be resubmitted at any time.
- Maximum of two entries per person, per category; therefore you may enter 4 photos per month (if you enter 2 in each category)
- Submit on paper or photo quality paper with minimum size of 5x7. Sizes of 8x10 are recommended. No larger than 8x12 will be accepted for judging.
- No frames; may be matted or not.
- Label the photo on the back with the name & phone number. If you are a dependent of an E-Club member, please put the primary member's contact info as well.
- All decisions by the judges are FINAL.
- The E-Club uses volunteer judges, and they reserve the right to award "no winner(s)" in a category.
- Minimum 10 entries for a category to be judged and a winner awarded.
- A person may not enter any more contests for the year after 3 first place wins during that year.
Entering your photo:
The opening and closing dates for each category will be announced in the E-Trader. Photos may be submitted to the receptionist in the Bldg 137 Lobby, or via company mail to CBN 180, c/o E-Club.
Judging will be by a panel of E-Club members. Any E-Club members that do not have a picture entered in a category may volunteer to judge that category. The top 4-5 photos in each category will be displayed in the Bldg 208 and Center Court Cafeterias. All remaining photos will be displayed in 117-2, middle hallway (west of the break room).
The winner in each category will receive $75 and will be eligible for the grand prize. Runner-ups for each category will receive $15. The winning photos from each month will compete for best photograph at end of the year. Prize money is 1st place $100, 2nd place $50, 3rd place $25.
The top five photos in each category will be displayed on-line with the photographer’s name. The winning photo in each category month will be retained by the E-Club until the end of the contest year. All other photos may be picked up by the owner after the following month contest is judged. If the photo is not picked up within 2 weeks after the end of the contest year, it may be destroyed.
Guidelines for professional vs. amateur:
If someone has a business name and/or is promoting their work or themselves for hire in any manner excluding word of mouth between friends, they should be considered a professional. For example, if a person has a website where the intent is for showcasing their work for profit, or if they advertise their work through business cards, newspapers, periodicals, or social media, they should be considered a professional.
If someone is getting paid for taking pictures on a rare occasion via word of mouth through mutual friends, or as a result of the E-Club photo contest; or they are performing an occasional "paid service" job (or selling a picture or two), and they are not promoting themselves in any way, they are not considered a professional.